Best money exchanges in Ho Chi Minh – The dollar currency is quite popularly used by the large number of foreigners traveling, living and working in Vietnam. Therefore, the exchange of buying and selling USD also takes place more. Let’s find out the top 5 best places to exchange money or best money exchanges in Ho Chi Minh below.
Money exchange at the banks
The first in the list of best money exchanges in Ho Chi Minh is bank. You can exchange every currency at the bank. People who change money at a bank have the advantage that they can be exchanged anywhere and at any branch.
Not to mention that everyone researches the exchange rate before changing, the exchange of dollars at the bank today is quite flexible, changing is unlimited. If you do not want to receive cash, you can transfer the converted money to your bank account for convenient use.
Almost all banks such as Vietcombank, Sacombank, Techcombank, Agribank, ACB, Vietinbank in Ho Chi Minh City have foreign currency exchange services, perhaps this is the safest option that many people often use when there is a need to exchange foreign currency to serve their needs.
Procedures for converting USD into Vietnamese currency:
- Valid original ID card / passport
- Declare currency exchange and use purpose
RECOMMENDED BANK BRANCHES
- Address: 187 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 8 3920 7372
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 17:00 (Monday to Friday )
- Exchange rate: http://www.dongabank.com.vn/en/exchange
Saigon Commercial Bank
- Address: 242 Cong Quynh, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 8 3920 6501
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 17:00 (Monday to Friday)
- Exchange rate: https://www.scb.com.vn/eng/pages/webtools_exchangerate
- Address: 69 Bui Thi Xuan, Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 8 3835 9323
- Opening hours: 07:30 – 16:30 (Monday to Friday )
- Exchange rate: https://www.vietcombank.com.vn/ExchangeRates/?lang=en
- Address: 118-122 Nguyen Cu Trinh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 8 3920 5812
- Opening hours: 07:30 – 17:00 (Monday to Friday)
- Exchange rate: http://bidv.com.vn/default.aspx
Money exchange at the jewelry stores and money changers
Money exchange at jewelry stores and money changers is one of the best money exchanges in Ho Chi MInh. If it is not convenient to go to the bank, you can choose to go to jewelry stores or gold shops in the city to exchange money. Foreign currency here has a higher rate than the bank, paperless or limited in quantity. However, not all gold shops can be exchanged.
Only a few gold shops are licensed to exchange foreign currencies such as PNJ, Bao Tin Minh Chau, SJC, Mi Hong, Ngoc Tham, Kim Tin,… When changing money at gold shops, there is no paperwork required, so it does not take much time.
RECOMMENDED MONEY CHANGERS
Hung Long Money Exchange
- Address: 86 Mac Thi Buoi, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 8 3829 7887
- Opening hours: Daily 07:00 – 22:00
Eximbank Money Exchange 59
- Address: 135 Dong Khoi, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 8 3827 5363
- Opening hours: Daily 07:00 – 22:00
- Address: 109, Ho Tung Mau, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 8 3915356/57
- Opening hours: 24 hours
- Address: 12 Le Loi, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 8 3823 8575
- Opening hours: Daily 07:00 – 22:00*
- Address: 9 Nguyen Thiep, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 8 3824 6011
- Opening hours: Daily 09:00 – 18:00
Money exchange at the large restaurants, hotels, resorts
If you come back from abroad and are using dollars but have not had the time to change. Nowadays, in major international tourist destinations, there are services of changing dollars for customers or paying in USD. Therefore, people can ask the cashier of the restaurant or hotel that they go to, they will exchange for everyone with a lower rate than many other places.
If you change here, people only exchange dollars with a small amount and cannot change much, usually less than 10 million VNĐ. However, exchanging money at the large restaurants, hotels and resorts is also one of the best money exchanges in Ho Chi Minh that you should note.back to menu ↑
Money exchange at the ATM machines
Next in the list of the best money exchanges in Ho Chi Minh is ATM machines. Many people wonder why ATMs can exchange dollars. However, it is not all ATMs that can change dollars, only multi-function ATMs of new generation banks can only change.
Specifically, the multi-function ATM of Vietinbank can change USD currency, people do the following:
- Select multi-function ATM of Vietinbank (Terminal T2 Noi Bai International Airport), Lotte Trade Center (Hanoi), VietinBank (Vinh Phuc), VietinBank (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Then select the currency exchange feature
- Enter the ID number to confirm the transaction
- Put the money in the receiving slot then execute the transaction
- Receive the converted money to the end
Note: only redeemable for denominations of 50 USD or moreback to menu ↑
Money exchange at the airport
Exchanging money at the airport is also one of the best money exchanges in Ho Chi Minh. The airport now has a quite popular currency exchange counter. Currency exchange at the airport is also an extremely fast and effective plan. Not only USD but other currencies can also be exchanged here.
However, not all airports have money exchange counters, only at Tan Son Nhat and Noi Bai airports. There are foreign currency exchange counters of Vietinbank and ACB, Techcombank.
Specifically at Tan Son Nhat airport
- Counter 1: Near departure gate number 17, 18
- Counter 2: Opposite of procedure sequence D (Departure Station)
- Counter 3: After the border gate police counter (Arrival Station)
- Counter 4: International Lobby (Exit)
There are the top 5 best money exchanges in Ho Chi Minh. Hopefully, with some information, you can enjoy the trip to Ho Chi Minh City entirely.