Best motorbike rental in Ha Giang – Ha Giang City has located about 320km from Hanoi and is the northernmost province of Vietnam. Approximately half of the province could be considered lowland and the other half either mountain or high plateau. The scenery in most areas is stunning, combined with colorful flowering times and colorful people, making it a fantastic holiday destination. If you’re planning to drive there yourself, that’s a good idea.
If you visit Ha Giang Province, you are most likely going to Ha Giang City is your first port of call. It’s a sleepy little town with little going on so that more people don’t linger. They often get their motorbikes as soon as they arrive and then head out on the loop, or they can stay overnight and leave the next morning. Usually, they go back to Ha Giang City early in the afternoon and then eat and get a bus back to Hanoi or stay overnight and then head early in the morning.
There are only a few things to see in the city, and few people stay to see them. However, it’s the beginning and the end of some of the most fantastic driving you’re likely to experience.
Renting a Motorbike in Ha Giang
- Full premium leather main and mesh chassis construction, plus strategic perforation zones and air mesh for improved breathability.
- Synthetic suede zones and side padding reinforcement for durability, additional abrasion resistance and comfort.
- Hard polymer knuckle protection system for superior impact and abrasion resistance.
- Stretch zone on fingers and backhand for comfort and improved range of hand movement.
- Hoop and loop grip wrist closure helps keep glove securely positioned.
All foreign riders in Ha Giang Province need to have a Vietnamese license or the International Driving Permit as of October 31, 2018. (IDP).
Ask your rental company for further details regarding the IDP to get a first-hand perspective on the current situation. You may be required to provide an international driving permit, a valid driver’s license, and a passport. For any motorcycle rental company, these items may or may not be required, so it is best to check with the rental company of your choice.
An International Drivers Permit is documentation verifying that you have a valid driver’s license and that 150 countries accept and recognize you. At most automotive associations like AAA in the United States, they are easy to get. An accredited Automobile Association should be in your country where you can get an International Drivers Permit.back to menu ↑
Places to rent a motorbike in Ha Giangback to menu ↑
Ha Giang Easy Riders – Ha Giang Loop Tour
- Address: 63 Lê Hồng Phong, P. Minh Khai, Hà Giang, 230000, Việt Nam
- Website: https://motorbiketourshagiang.com/
Mr Copper Ha Giang
- Address: 209A Nguyễn Trãi, Street, Hà Giang, 310000, Việt Nam
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/ChothuexemayHaGiang.MrDong/
- Phone: 0828615999
Bông Motorbike rental & Tours
- Address: 59a Nguyễn Thái Học, P. Minh Khai, Hà Giang, Việt Nam
- Website: https://bong-motorbike-rental-tours.business.site/
- Phone: 0888526606
- This is a carbon fiber pattern PU hard shell motorcycle backpack, The streamlined hard shell design can effectively reduce the wind resistance.
- The back of the bag is a thick, breathable cushion that won't make your back feel hot for long periods of use.
- Backpack surface with reflective material design which can improve alertness and safety during night riding.
- The interior of the bag is red thick cashmere fabric, multi-layered pocket design, can store a lot of items into different categories,Can hold the entire helmet, you can also put a 15-inch notebook.
- There are straps for hanging helmets.
- Address: Tổ 1, Thôn Cầu Mè, Phương Thiện, Hà Giang, Việt Nam
- Website: https://motogo.vn/thue-xe-may-ha-giang/
- Phone: 0338023344
We highly recommend LiLa Inn, although there are several Ha Giang motorcycle rental shops in Ha Giang town. The motorcycle is in perfect condition and all the accessories you will need are also provided, such as straps, gloves, helmets, etc. They’ll provide a motorbike if you take a Ha Giang loop tour through an agency.
They will give you a comprehensive map of the loop, plus a ton of helpful information and suggestions along the way. For those who are not so confident on a motorcycle, they also provide free motorbike lessons.
- Address: 50 Hai Bà Trưng, P. Nguyễn Trãi, Hà Giang, 310000, Việt Nam
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/LiLaTourist
- Phone: 0968321715
For anyone renting a motorbike for more than a couple of days, LiLa Inn discounts their rate, so ask them to quote you for the duration of your trip. Remember that when you rent your motorbike, you need to buy insurance as well, which can almost cost as much as the rental itself.
TIP: Although you can use a powerful automatic to complete the drive, it is recommended that you take either a semi-automatic or a manual motorcycle. The reason being, you’re going to have more control over the mountain roads’ demanding conditions. Do not be afraid if this is your first time on a geared motorbike. Before they got to Ha Giang, many tourists had only ever driven an automatic.
- ✅ Made of Premium Cowhide Leather
- ✅ Lightly Lined for Breathability and Long Ride Comfort
- ✅ Gel Palm Application Increases Comfort and Provides a Better Riding Experience (Less Vibration and Comfort While Riding) with Stretch Side for Added Comfort
- ✅ Adjustable Strap Closure for a Comfortable and Secure Fit
- ✅ Great for Motorcycle Rides, Delivery Workers or Outside Work
QT Motorbike Rental
In Ha Giang, you can easily rent a motorbike. For the Ha Giang loop, the best place to rent a motorbike is QT Motorbikes. As they have a lot of bikes in stock, there is no need to book the bikes in advance. They have a choice of bikes that are manual and semi-automatic.
In both manual and semi-automatic, they offer exceptional customer service and good quality motorbikes. The price depends on what kind of motorbike you get. The cost is worth the insurance. For a 125cc semi-automatic bike, expect to pay 250,000 VND / day. Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and dirt bike types are offered. All bikes have, of course, been serviced before, including a helmet and full gas tanks.back to menu ↑
Tips for driving
- Slowly drive. When you move slowly, it is much tougher to get hurt. Be aware that pigs, chickens, dogs, and kids may be on the road and these are unpredictable creatures.
- Try to read the direction other users are taking and also try to signal which direction you intend to take with your body language. Use peripheral vision and do not make eye contact.
- When going uphill and loaded, it is difficult to maneuver, so stay in the lane and do not venture to the other side of the road, especially on corners. For downhill stretches, the opposite is true in that stopping will be much more difficult and brakes can become hot and ineffective. Just go slow.
- Without the permission of the rental firm, do not make any repairs to the bikes. If parts are changed, they will know. By paying a high price for a cheap part, you can get ripped off, and when the firm notice, you can also be charged again and want an original part, not a cheap Chinese copy. Just call them and ask for assistance.
- If you are flagged down by the police, you are obliged to stop. Smile and be friendly while doing so. You may need to pay a fine, but this is often faster and easier to do.
back to menu ↑
Ha Giang Permit
To obtain a permit, all non-Vietnamese visitors to Ha Giang are required. This is easy to do and costs approximately 230,000 per individual. This can be done by yourself. Or, to do this, you can ask either the rental firm or your hotel. They’re going to have to borrow your passport and it takes about an hour for them to go to the office and come back.back to menu ↑
Have a good trip
If you take note of all the above information, you’re going to have a great trip to Ha Giang with minimal problems and discomfort. You’re not supposed to have any problems with the rental and have all the information you need.back to menu ↑
1. Do I need a driver’s license to rent a motorcycle in Ha Giang?
No, you do not need a driver’s license to rent a motorcycle in Ha Giang. However, you must be at least 18 years old to rent a motorcycle.
2. What is the minimum age to rent a motorcycle?
The minimum age to rent a motorcycle is 18 years old.
3. What is the maximum age to rent a motorcycle?
There is no maximum age to rent a motorcycle.
4. What is the cost to rent a motorcycle in Ha Giang?
The cost to rent a motorcycle in Ha Giang varies depending on the type of motorcycle you rent. However, the average cost is about $5-10 per day.
5. What should I bring with me when I rent a motorcycle in Ha Giang?
When you rent a motorcycle in Ha Giang, you should bring your driver’s license, a copy of your passport, and a copy of your visa (if you are not a Vietnamese citizen).